Tottenham Hotspur are all set to welcome their Europa League visitors from THE LAND OF FIRE as Qarabag FK visit White Hart Lane in the Europa League opener for both clubs.
What can we expect from the Azerbaijanis today? No clue! This is Qarabag's second consecutive appearance in the Europa League, and they very narrowly finished third in Group F last season, finishing one point behind eventual tournament runners-up Dnipro, a team they defeated in Kiev.
So there's no question that Spurs are probably not looking too far past the Horsemen in this competition. Spurs fans though? Definitely. Anything less than a 4-0 win will probably put a percentage of Tottenham supporters into histrionics.
There's no question that Spurs will put out a rotated side today, with a weekend match upcoming against Palace and a North London Derby Capital One Cup matchup looming next week. But what that team will look like is anyone's guess. Most fans expect Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris, and Eric Dier to be rested. Odds are we'll see Kevin Wimmer, Clinton N'Jie, Tom Carroll, and Harry Winks for at least part of the match, and many fans are clamoring to see Alex Pritchard in action as well. But who will start up top? What will the center of midfield look like?
Spurs would like nothing better than to get a comfortable win at home, rest their stars, and start preparing for Alan Pardew. Let's hope it happens.
How to watch
Date/Time: Thursday, September 17, 3:05 p.m. ET (8:05 p.m. England)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, England
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), BT Sport Europe (UK), TSN4 (Canada), beIN SPORTS Australia (Australia)
Streaming: Fox Sports GO (USA), Fox Soccer2Go (USA), beIN SPORTS CONNECT (various countries)
Find your local TV/streaming listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!