It's match day! Tottenham Hotspur continues their dogged run of fixtures today at home against Crystal palace, their third match in eight days. It continues a streak that will see them take on Arsenal in a North London Derby Capital One Cup match in midweek, followed by another Sunday league game, this time against league-leading Manchester City.
But first, a Crystal Palace side that has played well to open the season. Palace, under manager Alan Pardew, already has a signature win over defending champions Chelsea -- though who doesn't these days -- and are currently seventh in the table with nine points from five matches. Spurs are perceived as struggling, with only six points from five, but after Thursday's win over Qarabag have won two on the trot and are hoping that momentum will carry them to another home league win.
Christian Eriksen and Ryan Mason are match-time decisions as both are coming back from injury. It wouldn't surprise anyone to see one or both of them to make the bench, but it's likely that neither of them are 90 minutes match fit as of yet. Mousa Dembele and Nabil Bentaleb are both still out and are not expected to feature.
Love or hate Alan Pardew, the so-called "Pardew Effect" is real, and Palace have looked a much better team since he took charge. He's also had Tottenham's number the past couple of matches. Can Crystal Palace come into White Hart Lane and nick a result? Hope not.
Subs: Hennessey, Mariappa, Ledley, Mutch, Lee, Campbell, Bamford. #TOTCRY— Crystal Palace FC (@CPFC) September 20, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, September 20, 1:30 p.m. (UK), 8:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Michael Oliver
TV: USA Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN5 (Canada), Fox Sports 1 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), Sky Go (UK),
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!