It's a North London Derby! Tottenham Hotspur will face off against arch-rivals Arsenal in the third round of the Capital One Cup today at White Hart Lane.
But it's just a cup, and the Mickey Mouse cup at that, you say? Doesn't matter. It's Arsenal. It is, with the possible exceptions of Liverpool-Everton and Newcastle-Sunderland, the biggest derby in England. We don't like Arsenal, and they don't like us. And even though this is a mid-week early round cup match that comes annoyingly before another major league match, don't think that either team is going to take this less than completely, deadly seriously.
Arsenal is buoyed by the return of Gabriel to its lineup after his three match ban for engaging with Diego Costa was rescinded, but they're still missing a number of key players due to injury and suspension. Meanwhile, Spurs are also dinged up, particularly in the center of midfield, and may be forced to play a very strong lineup ahead of their match this weekend against league-leading Manchester City.
The NLD is always an entertaining match. Let's hope that it's a positive result, too. COYS!
#THFC team: Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose; Carroll, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane #COYS https://t.co/xx0vGnOZnB— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 23, 2015
#THFC subs: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Winks, Alli, Clinton, Son #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 23, 2015
TEAM NEWS: Here is how @Arsenal line up for #THFCvAFC pic.twitter.com/s1VPo2EBUX— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) September 23, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, September 23, 7:45 p.m. (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Andre Marriner
TV: beIN Sports (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), not televised (Canada), beIN Sports Australia (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: beIN Sports Connect (USA), Sky Go, NOW TV (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!