It's match day! Tottenham Hotspur welcome the league leaders Manchester City to White Hart Lane in a match that could, should Spurs win, catapult them closer to top four contention. Spurs have won their last two league matches, and rotated Capital One Cup blip against Arsenal aside, are an Old Trafford own goal away from being undefeated.
Spurs will likely welcome Christian Eriksen back to the squad in a major capacity, either as a starter or a late impact substitute, and new star Son Heung-Min will hope to continue his bright start to life in England. Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb, and Mousa Dembele are still injured and will not feature.
For City, they're missing a number of players from their roster due to injury, but the one player they DO have is Sergio Aguero, who based on his previous matches against Tottenham likes to eat Spurs defenders for breakfast. He's never gone up against Tottenham's new all-Belgian centerbacks, though.
After City's unfortunate loss to a bunkered West Ham last weekend, City will be champing at the bit to get back on a winning track. Spurs just want a result against a team that has outscored them 16-2 in their past four meetings.
Let's get it on. COYS!
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Alli, Dier; Eriksen, Son, Lamela; Kane #COYS https://t.co/zVT8HNVQAK— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 26, 2015
#THFC subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Townsend, Clinton #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 26, 2015
CITY XI: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Toure, Aguero #spursvcity #mcfc— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) September 26, 2015
CITY SUBS: Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Nasri, Navas, Roberts, Barker #spursvcity #mcfc— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) September 26, 2015
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, September 26, 12:45 p.m. (UK), 7:45 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mark Clattenburg
TV: NBCSN (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK), TSN5 (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!