The Magic of the FA Cup wasn't so magical yesterday. Oh sure there were a couple of draws at the home pitches of small clubs, but then the United-Sheffield match happened and the magic disappeared like a fart in a fan factory.
But never mind that, you're here for the Tottenham. Spurs host Leicester City for the first of two times in four days. Sure, it's for the Cup (magic!) but everyone already knows that both clubs are just sort of playing through this one and hoping nobody important gets injured before the crucial Premier League tie on Wednesday. Both clubs are missing players -- Leicester are without Jamie Vardy, Spurs are without Mousa Dembele -- and both Claudio Ranieri and Mauricio Pochettino have indicated that they intend to rest some key players for Wednesday's match.
Of course they still say that this is an important match -- it's the Magic FA Cup, after all. But you get the sense that both teams will use this more as a way to scout their opponent and find the best way of countering their strengths when they play each other again.
OH HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE MAGIC OF THE CUP I'M FEELING MAGICAL MAGIC MAGIC CUPPITY CUP CUP CUP
Lineups will be posted when they are released by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, January 10, 2016, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Robert Madley
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), BBC 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Not televised (?) (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio 5Live and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!