This is seriously exciting if you're an American fan of Tottenham Hotspur. We've talked almost ad nauseum on this site about the Tottenham academy and how it's now in a golden age of talent, churning out top-level prospects at an unprecedented rate. Now, American viewers have a chance to watch some of these players in action for what for many will be the first time that hasn't come pre-packaged in a highlight reel.
We don't know who will play today, but we can take a guess. Don't be surprised if you see young and exciting players like Tom Glover, Filip Lesniak, Anthony Georgiou, Harry Winks, Shaquile Coulthirst, Luke Amos, Anton Walkes, Milos Veljkovic, and Cameron Carter-Vickers. Oh, and probably Andros Townsend, because that's where he plays right now.
Got a hankering to watch the youf? This is your best opportunity. Take a late lunch on a Monday afternoon and come watch some of the players we talked about this summer with us.
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, January 11, 7:30 p.m. (UK), 2:30 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, United Kingdom
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), not televised (?) (Canada), ESPN2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCSN Live Extra (USA), Sky Go (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!