Here we go again. Tottenham Hotspur are set to play Leicester City for the third time in ten days in the third round replay of the FA Cup. The first tie between these two resulted in a deserved 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane. Three days later, they played again, this time with full strength sides, for three points in the Premier League, and Leicester prevailed 1-0. Now it's time for the FA Cup replay, this time at the King Power Stadium.
I honestly don't know what sort of a team Spurs will put out today. I expect some rotation – Ben Davies and Kyle Walker in, Kieran Trippier and Danny Rose out; Lamela, Alli, and maybe Kane rested. Leicester might rotate too. Or they might not. We don't know.
The winner of this match gets a no-expenses-paid trip to Colchester United in the fourth round, which is a peach of a draw. Colchester are towards the bottom of League One and are terrible, so it almost feels like a bye to the fifth round. So a win here means more games, but it also probably means more opportunities for squad player to make their mark.
And a win would be nice, especially after Robert Huth crushed all our dreams with that large, square noggin of his.
#THFC team: Vorm, Walker (c), Dier, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Bentaleb; Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli; Son. #COYS https://t.co/cITSp0UJ2V— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 20, 2016
#THFC subs: Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alli, Onomah, Winks, Kane #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 20, 2016
City: Schmeichel (c); De Laet, Wasilewski, Benalouane, Chilwell; Dyer, King, Inler, Drinkwater, Gray; Ulloa #LeiTot— Leicester City (@LCFC) January 20, 2016
Subs: Schwarzer, Morgan, Kanté, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy, Mahrez #LeiTot— Leicester City (@LCFC) January 20, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 7:45 p.m. (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: King Power Stadium, Leicester, UK
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), BBC 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), ESPN2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio 5Live and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!