It's game time. Tottenham Hotspur travels to Goodison Park to take on Everton today for a chance to keep pace with the rest of the Premier League top four. A win today means Spurs will take nine points out of nine during the holiday season. More than that, a win is a statement of intent that Spurs are keen to not only ready to stake their claim on a Champions League spot, but also to maybe challenge for the Premier League title.
But first, the Toffees. Spurs have had excellent luck against Everton recently, going without a loss vs the Toffees in their past six encounters, their last loss coming December 9, 2012 at Goodison. The last time these two clubs met, it resulted in a scoreless draw at White Hart Lane. This is perhaps surprising considering the amount of offensive firepower on display for both teams. Everton has Romelu Lukaku, the joint-third leading goal scorer in the EPL with 7 goals, and a striker that can terrorize opposition defenses. That said, Spurs' defense is such that no club has scored more than two goals against them in a match this season. The combo of Eric Dier floating ahead of Janby Vertonghweireld should give them confidence going into this match, but they'll need to be wary of complacency.
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane #COYS pic.twitter.com/yYAIF9KpTj— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 3, 2016
TEAMS: Here's today's line-up for #EFCvTOT. pic.twitter.com/PXyeZ7NN2B— Everton (@Everton) January 3, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, January 3, 2016, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Goodison Park, Liverpool, UK
Official: Michael Oliver
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN1 (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCS Live Extra (USA), Sky Go UK / Sky Go Extra (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- While we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!