It's the FA Cup again! Can't you feel the magic? Spurs are on the southeastern coast of England in the heart of Essex today for a fourth round match against Colchester United in the preeminent English football tournament.
Who are Colchester, you might ask? Well, so did we! Colchester have made an improbable run to the fourth round, considering they are currently bottom of the League One table with 22 points. Even though this is a home match for the U's, Spurs should still be considered heavy (heavy!) favorites to win today and continue on in the FA Cup. But don't tell that to Liverpool, who nearly bottled it against Exeter in the last round. It's never good to be complacent, even against minnows that are really bad. Expect Colchester to give Spurs their best shot and sing their lungs out, even if they don't win. Remarkably, this is the first time these two clubs have ever played each other in a competitive match (they played a scoreless draw in a 2013 preseason friendly), so there's a bit of history going on here as well.
As far as the lineup goes, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Spurs are probably going to heavily rotate, which means Michel Vorm, rotated fullbacks, Son Heung-Min up top, and some combination of Tom Carroll, Nabil Bentaleb, Nacer Chadli, and/or Josh Onomah in the midfield. As far as the central defenders go, it's tempting to wonder whether Cameron Carter-Vickers gets a spot on the bench, but my best guess is we'll see Toby Alderweireld and Kevin Wimmer today, if only so they get used to playing with each other.
Lineups will be posted when they are announced by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 12:45 p.m. (UK), 7:45 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Michael Oliver
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), BT Sport 2 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), ESPN (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio 5Live and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!