Our long international nightmare is finally over and it’s time to get back to REAL football. Tottenham Hotspur have travelled to the Midlands to take on West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns, and they’re also set up to meet with an old friend. Nacer Chadli is now a Baggie, and it also looks like he’s found his scoring boots again too, with three goals in four games for Brom.
Nobody’s quite sure what kind of lineup Spurs will put out today. Son Heung-Min and Erik Lamela only got back to England yesterday, so it’s possible Mauricio Pochettino could rest both of them for Tuesday’s Champions League game against Bayer Leverkusen. Meanwhile, Harry Kane and Mousa Dembele are still out injured.
My best guess? Look for Vincent Janssen to step back in the starting XI, with Moussa Sissoko to play alongside Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli in the attacking band. But who knows — maybe Poche will throw in a few surprises.
We know West Brom’s going to sit back, absorb pressure, and hit on the counter, even at home. We know this because it’s Tony Pulis and we have ample prior evidence that supports this claim. It probably means an ugly match of football, but so long as Spurs can get that one goal they need, then an ugly slog is acceptable. Spurs didn’t win against West Brom all of last year. That needs to change.
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Dembele, Onomah, Nkoudou, Son. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 15, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: The Hawthornes, West Bromwich, UK
Official: Kevin Friend
TV: NBCSN Live Extra (USA), not televised (UK), TSN1, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!