Tottenham Hotspur’s 22 Days of Hell™ continues today as they travel to England’s south coast for a match against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium this morning. I understand Bournemouth is quite a pleasant place to visit... unless you’re a football team. The Cherries have only lost once at home this season and are hoping to knock off Spurs today.
I’m not sure if we’ve mentioned it, but Bournemouth like to play attacking football. They’re well structured at the back and will press a little, but under Eddie Howe they tend to go straight at you, especially at home. Sometimes they can catch you by surprise. Witness last year’s match at Dean Court: Matt Ritchie scored in the first minute for the Cherries before they eventually succumbed to Spurs and lost 5-1. But still, that first minute was pretty terrifying!
Nevertheless, if there’s a club that nobody really seems to hate at all by opposition fans, it’s probably Bournemouth for the way they play and their England-manager-in-training skipper, Howe. Except now they’ve got Jack Wilshere, and that just won’t stand with Spurs fans.
Tottenham will be without Harry Kane and Toby Alderweireld, so expect Eric Dier to deputize in the back four again. Danny Rose is questionable. All other positions are up for grabs thanks to last week’s scoreless draw against Bayer in the Champions League.
A Tottenham win will send Spurs top of the league, at least temporarily. As the ancient scrolls foretold.
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Wimmer, Winks, Sissoko, Janssen. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 22, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 22nd, 2016, 12:30 p.m. (UK), 7:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: The Vitality Stadium (Dean Court), Bournemouth, UK
Official: Craig Pawson
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports 1 HD (UK), TSN1, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), Sky Go (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!