As far as fairy tales go, Tottenham Hotspur didn’t exactly enjoy being the wicked stepmother. Leicester City come to White Hart Lane today as the defending Premier League Champions (and boy does that still feel weird to say), and Spurs can only think of what might have been.
Spurs took only one point out of six against the Foxes last season, drawing at the King Power early in the season in what was probably a much better result than what it felt like at the time, and the dropped a heartbreaker at the Lane to Robert Huth’s incredibly block-like noggin.
But it’s a new season now, and you’d like to think Spurs would have the advantage. They’re one point from the top amongst a veritable gaggle of clubs that are vying for the title, and Leicester aren’t among them. That said, Spurs’ form hasn’t been all that impressive lately, coming off of two consecutive Premier League draws, a Champions League draw against Bayer, and a heavily rotated loss to Liverpool in the EFL Cup. Their scoring boots were apparently lost on the flight back to Germany.
It won’t help that Harry Kane and Toby Alderweireld still aren’t ready to return to the lineup, but most of the first team have had an entire week without playing in a match, so that can do nothing but help.
Can Spurs finally get that fox off their back with a win at the cozy confines of White Hart Lane?
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Onomah, Nkoudou. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 29, 2016
Starting XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Mahrez, Drinkwater, King, Musa, Okazaki, Vardy. #TotLei— Leicester City (@LCFC) October 29, 2016
Subs: Zieler, Hernández, Albrighton, Amartey, Schlupp, Gray, Ulloa. #TotLei— Leicester City (@LCFC) October 29, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, October 29th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Bobby MadleyTV: CNBC (USA), BBC Radio (UK), TSN4, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!