Match day! And boy howdy am I glad it’s here. Tottenham Hotspur have endured a pretty awful period of football in between the last two international breaks: no wins (but no league losses), a Cup loss, a Champions League loss, and a whole mess of injuries. Thank God that’s over.
Well, the injuries aren’t quite all fixed yet, with Toby Alderweireld, Erik Lamela, and Ben Davies out, and Dele Alli doubtful. And that’s a little worrisome as Spurs prepare to host West Ham today at White Hart Lane, considering Spurs’ current run of form.
Tottenham come into this match pretty desperately needing a good result, as they have two really tough matches coming up next: a must-win match at Monaco in the Champions League to keep them from being bounced out in the group stages, and a rematch of last year’s hotly contested “Battle of Stamford Bridge” against Chelsea. Both of those are super tough matches, and Spurs will want to have a head of steam going into them.
But first, West Ham. They’re bad. Like, really bad. It’s a London Derby and all, and I had a whole paragraph on West Ham written out, but it can basically be summed up via this clip from The IT Crowd.
Let’s kick their teeth in. COYS!
Subs: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Trippier, Wimmer, Alli, Onomah, Son. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 19, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, November 19, 2016, 5:30 p.m. (UK), 12:30 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Dean
TV: NBC (USA), NBC Universo / Telemundo (USA - Spanish), BT Sport 1 (UK), TSN 1 (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Live Sports Extra
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!