So the past month has been mostly an unmitigated disaster for us... past six weeks, in fact. That said, it’s Thanksgiving in the USA today so I’m listening ten things I’m thankful for about Tottenham’s 2016:
- We did the double on City: Two games against City in 2016 and we won both of them.
- We have not lost a league fixture to Arsenal since the Tim Sherwood era. Tomas Rosicky was the last Arsenal player to score a match-winning goal against Spurs in the league.
- We reached the Champions League (and I will say nothing more about that, lest this post cease to be a Thanksgiving post).
- Harry Kane established himself as a bonafide Premier League star in 2016.
- We have the best center back partnership in the Premier League when both are fit.
- Our team is still very young—Hugo, Moose, and Jan are the only key players coming up on 30.
- Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, Christian Eriksen, Harry Kane, Eric Dier, and Son Heung-Min are all excellent young talents and are all under age 25.
- We have a bright young manager, even if this season has exposed some of his biggest weaknesses far too often (there I go again, making this an ungrateful post).
- We have a new stadium on the way.
- We have an ownership team that is extremely innovative at finding ways to bring in more money to the club.
What’s your list? Let’s try to keep this thread positive; we’re Spurs fans so we’re always just on the brink of negativity, especially when the team is going through a rough spell. Let’s try to stay positive here.