Hi, Spurs fans. It’s been quite a day, hasn’t it? Well, let’s take our minds off of world events and instead put our minds towards some world football.
It’s the international break, and perhaps the biggest match on today of interest to Tottenham Hotspur fans is the international friendly between the Netherlands, which features Vincent Janssen and Michel Vorm, and Belgium, whose squad includes Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen.
We expect Janssen, Vertonghen, and Dembele to all feature at some level today. I don’t know yet about Vorm.
It’s a friendly, and these two teams are pretty familiar with each other. This is considered a warm-up for both clubs as they prepare for World Cup Qualifiers next week; Belgium hosts Estonia and the Netherlands travel to Luxembourg, both on Sunday.
Here’s your open thread for the match!
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 7:45 (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Philips Stadion, Eindhoven, Netherlands
TV: beIN Sports (USA), not televised (UK), beIN Sports (Canada), not televised (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: beIN Sports Connect (USA), fubo.tv (free 24 hour trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!