It’s a mid-week match! Tottenham Hotspur are back at the friendly confines of White Hart Lane and will try to get the taste of a 1-0 loss to Manchester United out of their mouths by catching some Tigers by the toes. Hull City is in town. They are bad. This should hopefully be fun.
It’s a mini reunion of sorts, too. Spurs welcome back four former players to White Hart Lane in former captain Michael Dawson, and midfielders Tom Huddlestone, Jake Livermore, and Ryan Mason. Of those players, only three of them are likely to start, with Mason probably getting the nod over THuddz.
Despite the warm feels of returning old friends to north London, most anticipate that this contest will be mostly one-way traffic. Spurs are virtually guaranteed to have most of the ball, and Hull will try and park the bus and prevent chances. If Spurs can nick an early goal, it could be a bloodbath.
This also gives an opportunity for Spurs to rotate ahead of this weekend’s match against Burnley. One would think that Harry Winks will come into the side in relief of the injured Mousa Dembele, and we could see players like Ben Davies, Kieran Trippier, GK N’Koudou, or Moussa Sissoko as well.
Hull City are bad, and Tottenham significantly less so. That said, they’ve had trouble taking apart parked busses in the past, and it’s never a good idea to overlook any Premier League team. These are three points that are there for the taking, though, and Spurs should feel disappointed with anything less than all three.
Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Onomah, Nkoudou, Son. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 14, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, December 14th, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Andre Marriner
TV: NBCSN Extra Time (USA), BBC Radio (UK), TSN5, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!