Tottenham are back at the friendly confines of White Hart Lane for their second match of the week, this time against Burnley. The Clarets, under mercurial manager Sean Dyche, are a better side this year than they were in 2014-15, the last time they made the leap from the Championship. That said, this is a team that Spurs should still be able to handle easily.
Dyche’s men are tougher at Turf Moor, where they’ve picked up 16 of their 17 points so far this season. However, they’re positively woeful away from home, having managed only score one goal on the road this season. That’s a good sign for Tottenham, because this season White Hart Lane is about as tough a place to play as any in the Premier League.
Spurs are entering this match on the heels of a thorough dismantling of Hull City, and should be able to ride that wave of success into -- and one assumes past — the Clarets. Spurs’ defense is finally fully healthy and is probably the best back line in the EPL. While the offense has stuttered, Harry Kane has fully shaken off the rust, Christian Eriksen is on a torrid run of form, and things look like they’re starting to click after a couple of awful months in Spurs-land.
All that said, this should shape up to be an easy game for Spurs, with a trip to Southampton coming up next. It’s also a great opportunity to close the gap between Manchester City and/or Arsenal, who play each other today.
Lineups will be submitted when released by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, December 18th, 2016, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 11:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Kevin Friend
TV: CNBC (USA), BBC Radio (UK), TSN5, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!