Happy Boxing Day, everyone! I am not here. I am on vacation in Chicago with my family. So this article is written and scheduled early because people will be watching football today and y’all will need a place to talk about it. This is it.
Now, it might just be me, but this looks like the absolute worst possible day of Boxing Day matches I could possibly come up with. Just about the only slightly compelling match up is Lester vs. Everton, or possibly Crystal Palace (under Sam Allardyce) vs. Watford, and boy howdy are those underwhelming. I sure hope there are some upsets here because yikes.
Here’s the full schedule of matches.
- Watford vs. Crystal Palace - 12:30 pm (7:30 am ET)
- Burnley vs Middlesbrough - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Manchester United vs. Sunderland - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Leicester City vs. Everton - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Arsenal vs. West Brom - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Swansea City vs. West Ham United - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Chelsea vs. Bournemouth - 3 pm (10 am ET)
- Hull City vs. Manchester City - 5:30 pm (12:30 pm ET)
Anyway, we know you’re tired of your visiting relatives already, so this is your excuse to bop off with the TV and your laptop to watch and comment on these games. Enjoy! By the time you read this I’ll probably be off at the Museum of Science and Industry.