Happy Wednesday, Spurs fans! It me, the holiday blogger, scheduling another match thread for your pleasure. Today, it’s Southampton at St. Mary’s Stadium. While Spurs have had the past ten days to rest and celebrate the season, and have had the benefit of two relatively easy matches, Southampton at St. Mary’s tends to be a trickier tie.
Spurs are all healthy (except for Erik Lamela) and have the ability to choose whomever they want to play (except for Erik Lamela). The question becomes whether Mauricio Pochettino will do any rotation for this match or if he decides to rest any players for the New Year’s Day trip to Vicarage Road.
Jay Rodriguez is back and healthy and available for selection for Southampton, and it could be the first time that JayRod has faced his old manager since he left Saints for Spurs two seasons ago. I don’t know about you, but I sense some #narrative brewing.
Spurs need a win today to keep pace with the other challengers for top four, and they have probably the toughest match of any top club this week. Three points would be great and would continue to give them a cushion over Manchester United, who are creeping up the table.
LIneups will be posted when released by the clubs.
How to Watch:
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 28, 7:45 pm (2:45 pm ET)
Location: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
Match Official: ??
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), SBS One (Australia)
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London,BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!