It’s game day and Gylfi’s back, everyone! Every Tottenham fan’s favorite Icelandic god has returned to White Hart Lane for a love fest slash football match as Tottenham Hotspur host Swansea City in a match that should, hopefully, assuage nervous supporters that the season hasn’t, in fact, gone off the rails.
Swansea is suddenly of interest to American Spurs fans because a) former USA head coach Bob Bradley now manages the Swans, and b) not one, but TWO former Hotspurs are playing for Bradley: Gylfi Sigurdsson and Kyle Naughton. Siggy has been Swansea’s best player in an otherwise dismal season, scoring five goals in all competitions, just behind Leroy Fer for top honors.
But Swansea have one major problem: their best defender is probably Kyle Naughton, whom Spurs dumped a couple of years back because he was terrible. The Swans’ last match is evidence of that: they scored five goals but shipped four against a Crystal Palace team that isn’t exactly setting the world on fire either. If Spurs can’t score against this defense, there’s something wrong.
Tottenham might... MIGHT be welcoming back Toby Alderweireld to the team; he was photographed in training and Mauricio Pochettino is already on record as saying that he needs to be “assessed” to see if he can play. That’s great news for Spurs, who have really really REALLY missed him anchoring the back line. Elsewhere, Danny Rose returns from suspension but Erik Lamela is confirmed out for this match, continuing a troubling trend.
Moussa Sissoko is presumably available for selection.
Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sissoko, Onomah, Nkoudou. #COYS— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 3, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Jonathan Moss
TV: NBCSN (USA), BBC Radio (UK), TSN1, TSNGO (Canada), Optus Sport (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also often at BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 5 Live, and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!