It's Super Sunday in the EPL and Tottenham are right in the thick of it. Tottenham head to the Etihad to take on Manchester City. It's second place versus fourth place, and strangely enough, it's Spurs who are higher in the table.
This is a massive, massive game, not only because a win for Spurs today will put a major dent in City's hopes for a Premier League title, but that plus an Arsenal win or draw today narrows the gap between Spurs and league-leading Leicester City. Spurs haven't won here since 2010 (yes, in THAT game) and have been outscored 16-4 in the past five meetings at the Etihad. But Spurs are flying, having won their last four matches, and are looking good despite losing Jan Vertonghen to a long-term injury. They also still clearly remember the 4-1 thumping they gave City in their first meeting this season at White Hart Lane. A loss today does little to hurt Spurs' top four ambitions, but might put a dent into their title aspirations.
City, meanwhile, are beaten up but are set to return Vincent Kompany and David Silva to the lineup after injury layoffs. The Citizens are still reeling from their loss to Leicester last week and are hoping to rebound with a win over Spurs. Another loss could seriously damage their chances of winning the Premier League.
Is this the year that Spurs finally break the Etihad curse and take all six league points from City this year? Or will City break Spurs fans' hearts on Valentine's Day? Let's find out. Now pardon me while I go breathe into this paper bag.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, February 14, 2016, 4:15 p.m.. (UK), 11:15 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Etihad Stadium, Machester, UK
Official: Mark Clattenberg
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!