Tottenham Hotspur open their Europa League knock-out campaign today with a trip to Florence to face familiar foes Fiorentina in the first match of a two-legged elimination series. La Viola unceremoniously dumped Spurs out of the Europa League in Florence last season, winning 2-0 at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.
But that was a very different Tottenham team. Gone are Federico Fazio and Vlad Chiriches, who started in central defense, as well as Roberto Soldado, who started at striker last February. Spurs are leaner, younger, and hungry for success. They're in a domestic title race, and are still in two cup competitions and they'd sure like to win them all.
Spurs are without skipper Hugo Lloris, who picked up a knock in Tottenham's 2-1 win over Manchester City on Sunday, and are still missing Clinton N'Jie and Jan Vertonghen, who are out with long-term injuries. As far as a lineup goes: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Will we heavily rotate? Will we field a strong team? NO IDEA! Isn't Europa League fun? Wheeeeeeee!
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 7:00 p.m. (Italy), 6:00 p.m. (UK), 1:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy
Official: Felix Zwayer (GER)
TV: Fox Soccer Plus (USA), BT Sport Europe (UK), beIN Sports Canada (Canada), not televised (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Soccer 2GO (USA), ESPN3 (USA - Spanish), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!