Oh hey, there's a match today! Did anyone else forget? Because I pretty much did. It seems like there should be a minimum of a three day buffer between the close of the transfer window and the actual playing of any matches. It's just too much for anyone who writes about football to take in. Think of the bloggers!
Tottenham are on the road today. Specifically, Carrow Road, taking on Norwich City in the first match since Spurs did absolutely nothing in the January transfer window. For Spurs, the injury to Jan Vertonghen is perhaps the biggest obstacle to overcome: Ryan Mason and Clinton N'Jie are also still recovering. Kevin Wimmer will get his first big test in the Premier League alongside Toby Alderweireld, and the match today might tell us a lot about Spurs' defense in the near term.
Norwich are completely healthy, with no injuries of note, which may not actually help them all that much. They're still 17th in the table, only two points above the drop and with a terrible goal differential. But, they did just score four goals last week at home against Liverpool, which means they have some finishing (although that might say more about Liverpool's defense than Norwich's attack).
Spurs should be considered comfortable favorites for this match, but they were also favorites at home to Newcastle. They can't afford to have an off match and still keep pace with the league leaders. A win should be expected, even at Carrow Road.
TEAM: Rudd; Pinto, Klose, Bassong, Olsson; Howson, Mulumbu, Tettey (c), Jarvis; Naismith; Mbokani. #ncfc— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) February 2, 2016
SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Martin, Jerome, Hoolahan, Redmond, Bennett, Odjidja. #ncfc— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) February 2, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 7:45 p.m.. (UK), 2:45 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Carrow Road, Norwich, UK
Official: Kevin Friend
TV: NBC Premier League Extra Time [The "extra channels"] (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!