The FA Cup is back! Can you feel the magic? Tottenham Hotspur are hosting Crystal Palace in the Round of 16 at White Hart Lane. It's the third time this season that these two teams have faced each other, with Spurs winning both of them.
But this is the FA Cup, and when there's magic swirling around all of the place like in this competition, who knows what will happen? Emmanuel Adebayor is now suiting up in red and blue stripes instead of lilywhite, and apparently he's motivated to get one back on the site that cut him back in September. Well, they need SOME sort of motivation, since Palace hasn't won in the league in their last nine matches. In fact, their ONLY wins since mid-December have come in the FA Cup.
Tottenham, by contrast, are rolling: unbeaten in their last eight matches in all competitions, they're still competing in three competitions and have a non-negligible chance to win all three of them. Crystal Palace stands on the way of a trip to the last eight in the most magical competition in world soccer.
Unfortunately, the match is only on the regional Fox Sports channels, isn't on TV at all in England, and is legally streamed only via the subscription-only Fox Soccer2Go. That's some bad soccer juju. Try the radio. Avada kedavra!
#CPFC XI: Hennessey; Ward, Dann, Delaney (c), Kelly; Zaha, Cabaye, Ledley, Mutch; Wickham, Adebayor.— Crystal Palace FC (@CPFC) February 21, 2016
#CPFC subs: McCarthy, Mariappa, Jedinak, Lee, Bolasie, Campbell, Gayle.— Crystal Palace FC (@CPFC) February 21, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, January 21, 2016, 3:00 p.m. (UK), 10:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Craig Pawson
TV: Fox Sports regional channels [check listings] (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), ESPN2 Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Soccer2Go (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!