Tottenham Hotspur have their European football future to play for as they host Serie A club Fiorentina in the second leg of their Europa League knock-out round today at White Hart Lane. One week ago, Spurs battled to a contentious 1-1 draw with La Viola in a match that saw the Lilywhites pick up a crucial away goal, but not a more important win.
Spurs are banged up after it was announced that striker Harry Kane and midfielders Mousa Dembele and Tom Carroll will miss the match due to injuries picked up in recent games. Hugo Lloris, however, is fit and will very likely captain the side. Tottenham have a crucial league match against Swansea coming up this weekend, so it's unknown how Mauricio Pochettino will rotate for this match, but at the minimum, expect fullbacks Ben Davies and Kieran Trippier to rotate back into the starting lineup.
Spurs can advance to the next round of the competition with a win or a scoreless draw but must be careful not to concede to a Fiorentina side that is third in the Serie A table in both points and goals scored. Federico Bernadeschi scored Fiorentina's lone goal in Florence and has this season been one of La Viola's more potent attacking threats. Also keep an eye on central midfielder Milan Badelj; Spurs have been linked to the 26 year old defensive midfielder through several dubious media reports, so this would be a good opportunity to watch him in an actual game.
#THFC team: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Dier, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Chadli #COYS pic.twitter.com/YneC92vao2— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) February 25, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, February 26, 2016, 8:05 p.m. (UK), 3:05 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Ovidiu Alin Haţegan (ROU)
TV: Fox Sports 2 (USA), ESPN (UK), beIN Sports (Canada), not televised (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go / Fox Soccer2Go (USA), ESPN3 (USA - Spanish), BT Sport Live Streaming (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!