We go again. After 14 days without a league match, Spurs are back in action today, hosting Swansea City and trying to keep up with league leading Leicester City. After Leicester scored an 89th minute winner to take three points from Norwich on Saturday, Spurs are five points back, and a win would keep them in the thick of the title race as we careen towards what is shaping up to be one of the most important North London Derbies in recent history.
Spurs are a little battered coming off two Europa League matches against Fiorentina sandwiched around an FA Cup loss to Crystal Palace. Harry Kane should be back, face mask and all, though Mousa Dembele will likely miss out again with a groin injury. Jan Vertonghen, Clinton N'Jie, and Tom Carroll are also all doubtful for today's match against the Swans.
This is exactly the sort of match that Spurs are expected to win if they are serious about taking home the Premier League trophy for the first time in their history. But will former Tottenham fan favorite Gylfi Sigurdsson spoil the day?
Lineups will be posted when they are announced by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 2:05 p.m.. (UK), 9:05 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Mike Jones (WHO?)
TV: NBC Sports Premier League Extra Time [i.e. "the extra channels"] (USA), not televised (UK), TSN (Canada), Fox Sports 3 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!