The last time Tottenham Hotspur played Watford, it was a heck of a lot closer than a lot of people expected. Spurs took the best punch from the HornetMooses with Odion Ighalo manhandling Eric Dier in front of goal, and it took a backheel flick of enormous skill from Son Heung-Min to break the deadlock and give Tottenham the three away points. At the time, Watford were surging and were just behind Spurs.
Now, Tottenham are flying, going six matches unbeaten away from White Hart Lane, and are third in the table with a chance to go even higher depending on today's Leicester City-Manchester City tie. But first they have to beat Watford again. The HornetMooses have been struggling lately, dropping four of their last six matches, but are coming off of an encouraging draw against Chelsea. They still have Ighalo and Troy Deeney. Gomes is still playing well. The #narrative is still strong with Etienne Capoue against his old club. This is a banana peel match for Tottenham, and we all know it.
Spurs are healthy except for the usual suspects: Clinton N'Jie and Jan Vertonghen are still out, and while Ryan Mason returned to training this week he's not yet ready to go. But expect the usual Tottenham lineup, with the possible reinsertion of Erik Lamela into the lineup, and maybe a rotated fullback or two.
Once again Spurs are in a position to make a statement of intent ahead of next weekend's clash against City at the Etihad. COYS!
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, February 6, 2016, 3:00 p.m.. (UK), 10:00 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Roger East
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Not Televised (UK), Sportsnet (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!