It's match day! Tottenham Hotspur host Premier League debutants Bournemouth at White Hart Lane today with only a handful of matches left in the Premier League season. The Cherries came into this match just hoping to survive, and it looks like they've done just that under Eddie Howe, despite losing starting striker Callum Wilson early on to injury. Bournemouth hasn't exactly set the world on fire but they've done enough to virtually guarantee themselves another season of Premier League football. Good for them.
Unfortunately, they stand in the way of Tottenham's Premier League title ambitions. Spurs need a win today against the Cherries to keep pace with Leicester City, who defeated Crystal Palace 1-0 yesterday to maintain their five point lead at the top of the table. A loss won't drop Spurs out of second place but it will narrow the gap on rivals Arsenal, and nobody wants that, of course.
Spurs are fresh off a 5-1 aggregate thumping at the hands of Dortmund in the Europa League, but they managed to rest a few key players and should be fresh enough to handle the Cherries. Jan Vertonghen and Clinton N'Jie are still out, but Spurs should field a first choice side otherwise.
At this stage of the season, only a win will do. Let's hope they get one.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, March 20, 2016, 4:00 p.m. (UK), 12:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Neil Swarbrick
TV: NBC Premier League Extra Time [The "extra channels"] (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 1 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!