England host the Netherlands today at Wembley Stadium in what is the second of two friendlies during this international period. As we know, this past weekend's 3-2 win over World Cup holders Germany was notable in that it was essentially Tottenham's best players (plus some other English guys).
This match promises to be different, but we don't know how much quite yet. Roy Hodgson is using these two friendly matches against quality opposition to tinker with his lineup and allow his players to audition for a seat on the plane to France for the Euros this summer. Harry Kane is a lock for the Euros, and Dele Alli and Eric Dier might have clinched their spots after Saturday's match. But there are a limited number of seats on the plane. Consequently, while there are five Tottenham players in the England side, we don't know how many will feature today.
It's likely that Kyle Walker will get the nod at right back, as he didn't play against Germany. Also, Danny Rose may get his second consecutive cap as there isn't a natural replacement for him in the England side. Apart from that, we don't know. The Telegraph suggests that Danny Drinkwater could get his England debut today, and that we could see a front line of Jamie Vardy, Theo Walcott, and Daniel Sturridge.
Feel free to use this as an open thread for the match.
Lineups will be posted when they are announced by the clubs.
How to Watch
Date/time: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: Fox Sports 1, ITV (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA), ITV (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at BBC Radio 5Live, ITV1 Radio (UK)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!