Here comes another crucial match. Tottenham Hotspur need nothing short of three points today at home against Manchester United to keep alive even the slimmest of hopes of catching Leciester City for the Premier League title. A draw won't cut it, and a loss will put Spurs in real danger of dropping behind Arsenal into third when all's said and done.
Spurs have had the superior season to United this year, but it's difficult to say with any certainty that Spurs will win today. The first time these clubs met this season was on opening week. Spurs went to Old Trafford with a swashbuckling intent and outplayed United, only to lose on a flukey Kyle Walker own goal. Spurs are hoping not to leave anything to chance this time around.
Spurs are about as healthy as they've been all season, with Clinton N'Jie and Jan Vertonghen both back in training and Erik Lamela expected to slot back into the starting lineup after a calf problem on international break. But don't expect Jan to return to the first 11 against United: with Kevin Wimmer playing as well as he has, Mauricio Pochettino has the luxury of taking his time with the Belgian defender.
United have already announced that Wayne Rooney will not play tomorrow, which means either Anthony Martial or Marcus Rashford up top for the Red Devils. Apart from that, nobody, even United fans, are 100% certain of what kind of lineup Louis Van Gaal will put out today. Hopefully it's one that will lose to a Spurs team desperate for a title.
P.S.: Go Sunderland.
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, April 10, 2016,
4:00 4:30 p.m.. (UK), 11:00 11:30 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Dean
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet One (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!