Here we go. Tottenham Hotspur have another must-win match today as they host the West Bromwich Albion Fightin' Pulises in the second of three consecutive Monday Night Football league matches. West Brom are a dead rubber squad: almost certainly safe from relegation with 40 points, but nowhere near close to anything noteworthy. They're playing for pride at this point, although I'm sure they'd be happy to snatch a point or three from Spurs and effectively end any chance they have to take home the Premier League title.
Thanks to Leicester's 3-0 spanking of a hapless Swansea side on Sunday, the Foxes' lead is up to 8 points pending today's match, and Spurs need to win just to hold serve. Then it gets interesting: the two Chelsea matches against Spurs and Leicester could very well be the deciding factor between fairy tale and... well, a different, under-appreciated fairy tale.
But that's for the future. Today, Spurs have to beat the Baggies and a manager that will almost certainly park ten men behind the ball. Spurs will either need to pick the lock of West Brom's defense or batter down the wall. Thankfully, West Brom aren't very good, so both scenarios seem pretty likely. That said, any slip-up is catastrophic. So let's not slip up, yeah?
#WBA subs v Tottenham: Palmer; Chester, Anichebe, Lambert, Sandro, Roberts, Leko.— West Bromwich Albion (@WBAFCofficial) April 25, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, April 25, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, London, UK
Official: Mike Jones
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports 1 (UK), TSN4 (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!