If Tottenham Hotspur fans have a favorite EURO team (besides England), it's quite possibly Belgium. The Tottenham Belgian Bros – Mousa Dembele, Toby Alderweireld, and Jan Vertonghen – will play the first of three warm-up matches ahead of the EUROs in June. This one is in Geneva against Switzerland, and they'll play a couple more against Nordic countries Finland and Norway before opening EURO action against Italy on June 13.
Here's your open thread for the match. You can also use this for any other international friendly match you happen to be watching today, including tonight's USA-Bolivia match featuring DeAndre Yedlin.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, May 28, 2016, 4:15 p.m. (Switzerland), 3:15 p.m. (UK), 10:15 a.m. ET (USA)
Venue: Stade de Geneve, Carouge, Geneva, Switzerland
TV: ESPN2 (USA), not televised (UK), La Une (Belgium), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3 / Watch ESPN (USA)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!