The title is done and dusted, but there's still a lot to play for. Tottenham Hotspur can clinch second place today with a win (or an Arsenal loss to Manchester City), and perhaps more importantly, can clinch a finish ahead of arch-rivals Arsenal. While supporters are still sad thinking about the "missed opportunity" to lift the Premier League trophy, finishing second ahead of the Gooners would be a pretty good consolation prize, wouldn't it?
The biggest question Spurs have today is in the center of midfield. With Dele Alli and Mousa Dembele suspended, barring a surprise lineup shuffle it'll be down to Ryan Mason to deputize beside Eric Dier. Son Heung-Min should start again in the attacking band. The other option would be to move Christian Eriksen back to CM (and we have seen that done in the past) with Mason coming in as a #10, but that would be surprising.
This is a dead-rubber match for Southampton – they won't be in Europe, and and they're set for a comfortable mid-table finish. That may feel a little disappointing to Saints fans after they competed for European spots in recent seasons, but it's probably about right. We'll have to see if the Saints will go marching into White Hart Lane with enough motivation to nick a result from Spurs.
Tottenham will want a solid performance to exorcise the demons of last week's Battle of the Bridge, and to stick the knife into their arch-rivals once and for all.
#THFC subs: Vorm, Davies, Wimmer, Carroll, Chadli, Winks, Clinton— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) May 8, 2016
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, May 8, 2016, 1:30 p.m. (UK), 8:30 p.m. ET (USA)
Venue: White Hart Lane, North London, UK
Official: Jonathan Moss
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), Sky Sports 1 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Fox Sports 4 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live Extra (USA), Sky Go (UK)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com, also BBC Radio London and TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!