Argentina continue their Copa America Centenario tournament this evening in group D action against Panama. In their first match against Chile, Erik Lamela didn’t get a start (although neither did Sergio Aguero), but he did get a solid 20 minutes of action as a late game substitute and looked pretty good when he came on. Will he get a start tonight, or should he be content with his role as super-sub?
Meanwhile Tata Martino has confirmed that Lionel Messi will play tonight after recovering from a back injury, though it’s not clear if he’ll start or whether he’ll play as a reserve.
In the other game, defending Copa America champions Chile will hope to recover and snatch three points from Bolivia in order to keep their chances of advancing out of the group alive. It’s a must-win match today.
Here’s your open thread for the two games. Note that both games are on the FOX mothership tonight, so those of you with basic cable packages (or no cable) can get your football on. Roll on, Copa America.
Day Eight Schedule (Friday, June 10, 2016)
Chile vs. Bolivia (Group D), 7:00 p.m. ET, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts (FOX)
Argentina vs. Panama (Group D), 10:00 pm ET, Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois (FOX)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.