JESUS CHRIST there’s a lot of football on today, you guys! If you’re not already exhausted by the Euros, well, there’s still the Copa America going on, and USA is back in action in their final group stage match against Paraguay.
USA isn’t out of the woods quite yet, though their 4-0 win over Costa Rica helped matters a lot. Win and they progress to the knockout rounds. Lose and they’re probably out. Draw and things could get interesting.
DeAndre Yedlin has had a pretty good showing thus far for USA, displaying an improved defense, even if it’s not perhaps yet up to Champions League caliber quality. But anyone who says he’s not getting better is delusional. It's just whether he’ll be better ENOUGH to snag a roster spot with Spurs next season.
Be sure and visit our sister website Stars & Stripes FC for all things 'MERICA.
Here's your open thread for the match, as well as the late match which will feature Costa Rica and Colombia.
Lineups will be posted when confirmed by the teams.
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 7:00 p.m. (USA), 12:00 a.m. Sunday (UK)
Venue: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision (USA - Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Univision (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.