Euro 2016 sure sounds like fun! Too bad I haven’t seen a minute of it. I spent the day yesterday at the pool volunteering at my kids’ swim meet, so I have a few matches on the ol' DVR waiting for me.
That said, everything I’ve read indicates that the first full day of action in France was exciting, as Wales whaled on Slovakia and England... uh, Englanded against Russia.
Day three is here, and with it comes another full slate of matches. No Spurs players are involved today, so feel free to watch, blissfully unencumbered by the burden of pulling for a national team that you have no emotional attachment to apart from the tribalism of one of their players also playing for your chosen club team.
Your match thread is below. Enjoy!
Day Three Schedule (Sunday, June 12, 2016)
Turkey vs. Croatia - 9:00 a.m. ET, 2:00 p.m. UK, 3:00 p.m. France
Poland vs. Northern Ireland - 12:00 pm ET, 5:00 p.m. UK, 6:00 p.m. France
Germany vs. Ukraine - 3:00 pm ET, 8:00 p.m. UK, 9:00 p.m. France
How to Watch
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.