Most Tottenham Hotspur fans tune into the England games, since there are five Spurs players in the squad. But there are three that represent Belgium: Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, and Mousa Dembele. And that doesn’t even count Michy Batshuayi, whom Spurs are reportedly trying to sign when the transfer window opens this summer.
It’s very likely that all three of Tottenham’s Belgian Bros start this match, though Alderweireld and Vertonghen are likely to play at the (gaak) fullback position and Dembele hasn’t exactly been preferred by Belgium coach Marc Wilmots.
Here’s your open thread!
Lineups will be posted when announced by the teams.
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, June 13, 3:00 p.m. (ET), 8:00 p.m. (UK), 9:00 p.m. (France)
Venue: Stade des Lumieres, Lyon, France
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.