We’re nearing the completion of the Copa America group stage matches, and we have two more tonight: Mexico vs. Venezuela, and Uruguay vs. Jamaica. Here’s your open thread for tonight’s action.
Group C is already decided before this match: Mexico and Venezuela have already advanced, and Uruguay and Jamaica are already eliminated. Mexico and Venezuela are now fighting for seeding; the other two for pride. Not much excitement here, but whatever. It’s football. Go nuts.
Day Ten Schedule (Friday, June 10, 2016)
Mexico vs. Venezuela, 8:00 p.m. NRG Stadium, Houston (FOX Sports 1)
Uruguay vs. Jamaica, 10:00 pm ET, Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif. (FOX Sports 1)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.