If you’re a Tottenham Hotspur fan living in the United Kingdom, today’s early match is a huge one in Euro 2016. Not only does England need a win to keep their hopes of advancing out of Group B alive, but it’ll have to come against a fellow home nation: Wales.
The Welsh are a favorite country of the neutrals, not only because they're small and rarely make the finals of major international tournaments, but because they’re also good. Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale are the headliners, but this is a solid Welsh side that won't be pushovers (the way they are usually). Heck, Gareth Bale can win matches on his own.
Meanwhile, there’s all kinds of talk about what Roy Hodgson is going to do with the England lineup for this match. Some are calling for Harry Kane to be benched for Jamie Vardy, and others think, fine performance against Russia aside, it’s time for Wayne Rooney to make way for a more balanced team.
Whatever happens, this is a match that you should watch.
Tottenham Players involved
England: Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose
Wales: Ben Davies, Gareth Bale (kinda)
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, June 16, 9:00 a.m. (ET), 2:00 p.m. (UK), 3:00 p.m. (France)
Venue: Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lille, France
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.