U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! The quarterfinals of the Copa America Centenario begin tonight in Seattle, Washington as the United States take on Ecuador at CenturyLink Field. Seattle is a great spot to see USA play: it’s a great stadium (home to the Seattle Sounders) and in a part of the country known for its rabid support of MLS and football in general.
For USA, the biggest news is the suspension of former Seattle Sounders and current Tottenham Hotspur fullback DeAndre Yedlin, who picked up two yellows in less than a minute against Paraguay and will miss this match. If USA should win, he’ll be back for the next round, since he didn’t pick up a straight red card.
Ecuador’s a solid team and this will not be an easy match by any means, but USA should have the home crowd advantage.
Here’s your open thread.
Lineups will be posted when confirmed by the teams.
How to Watch
Date/time: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 9:30 p.m. (USA), 2:30 a.m. Friday (UK)
Venue: CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Wash.
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision (USA - Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Univision (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA), fubo.tv (free trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.