USA became the first international team to make the semifinals of the Copa America Centenario last night in a thrilling 2-1 victory over Ecuador that resulted in both teams playing with ten men. Now we turn to the other side of the bracket to see which will be the next team to progress.
Peru is probably one of the more surprising teams to make it this far. Colombia? Not so much. But then again, Peru just beat Brazil, so what do I know?
Here’s your open thread for the game.
How to Watch
Date/time: Friday, June 17, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (USA), 1:30 a.m. Friday (UK)
Venue: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision (USA - Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Univision (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Fox Soccer2Go (USA), also fubo.tv (free 24-hour trial)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.