The USA’s Copa America isn’t over quite yet! Despite getting shellacked by Argentina a few days ago, they still have a chance to end their tournament on a high note by beating Colombia in the third place match.
This is a rematch of USA’s 2-0 group stage loss to Colombia earlier this month, and they’ll need to prove that they’ve learned the lessons from that first loss. Tim Howard comes into the starting lineup as keeper, replacing Brad Guzan, who’s had an uneven tournament. Meanwhile, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, and Bobby Wood all return from suspension to slot back into the starting lineup.
But the biggest news may be that defender John Anthony Brooks is out, after supposedly picking up an injury in training. Geoff Cameron and Matt Besler will anchor USA’s back line. And of course, there’s Tottenham’s DeAndre Yedlin.
Here’s your open thread for the match
United States starting lineup (4-4-2): Tim Howard; Michael Orozco, Matt Besler, Geoff Cameron, DeAndre Yedlin; Gyasi Zardes, Jermaine Jones, Michael Bradley, Alejandro Bedoya; Clint Dempsey, Bobby Wood
Colombia starting lineup (4-2-3-1): David Opsina; Frank Fabra, Cristian Zapata, Jeison Murillo, Santiago Arias; Guillermo Celis, Daniel Torres; James Rodriguez, Edwin Cardona, Juan Cuadrado; Carlos Bacca
How to watch
USA vs. Colombia: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (USA), 1:00 a.m. Sunday (UK)
Venue: University of Pheonix Stadium, Arizona
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision (USA - Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Univision (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go (USA - requires cable subscription), foxsoccer2go.com (USA - paid subscription), also fubo.tv (free 24-hour trial subscription)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.