The Copa America Centenario is coming to a close, and it features what are probably the two best teams in the tournament. Argentina has blitzed through this tournament, sending a very strong team to USA to face the best from CONMEBOL and CONCACAF and passing with flying colors. After throttling the USA in the semi-finals, now they face Chile at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
This is a rematch on a couple of levels: not only is it a rematch of Argentina’s earlier win over Chile in the group stages, but it’s also a rematch of last year’s Copa America Not-Centenario, which Chile won on penalties after a scoreless draw. Somehow I don’t think goals are going to be a problem in this match — these are two teams that have had no problem scoring, and one expects that it’ll be an open, entertaining final.
Tottenham Hotspur’s Erik Lamela has done well in this Copa America. I don’t expect him to start today, but with luck he’ll get some quality minutes off the bench.
Here’s your open thread for the Copa America final!
How to watch
Argentina vs. Chile: Sunday, June 26, 2016, 8:00 p.m. (USA), 1:00 a.m. Sunday (UK)
Venue: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA), Univision (USA - Spanish), Premier Sports (UK), Univision (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go (USA - requires cable subscription), foxsoccer2go.com (USA - paid subscription), also fubo.tv (free 24-hour trial subscription)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.