Two knock-out matches today and we’re down to eight teams left in the European Championships. We’ll have separate threads for each match today, since one promises to be an exciting game... and the other involves England.
Italy sent arguably its weakest team to a European Championship in decades, but they’ve come out and performed extremely well in the group stage. Their reward? Spain, which has looked more like the tiki-taka Spanish champions of last decade and is shaping up to be one of the favorites to go deep into the tourney. Antonio Conte, who is using this as a last hurrah with Italy before joining Chelsea this summer, says his side will not be “sacrificial lambs” against Spain. We’ll see about that.
Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
Italy vs. Spain -- Saint-Denis (6 p.m. CET/12 a.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.