The Copa America Centenario continues today with three international matches. If you're a fan of the US Men's National Team, then you'll recognize Costa Rica, a fellow member of CONCACAF that made a surprise run to the World Cup quarterfinals two years ago. This time they're without their best player, Real Madrid keeper Keylor Navas, who picked up an injury.
Also, if you like to root for the little guys, check out Haiti. Heavy underdogs in Group B, they nonetheless are fairly stout defensively and could snatch a point or two from their group even if they don't advance. Peru is probably the other weakest team in Group B, so a Haiti win would set them up nicely to maybe squeak out of the group with another draw.
The heavyweight match-up of the day is also in Group B as a Neymar-less Brazil takes on Ecuador at the Rose Bowl. Brazil is down from their heady high point of the mid 2000s and it would surprise no-one if a solid Ecuador team comes away with the points.
Day Two Schedule (Saturday, June 4, 2016)
Costa Rica vs. Paraguay (Group A), 5:00 p.m. ET, Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida (FOX)
Haiti vs. Peru (Group B), 7:30 p.m. ET, CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington (Fox Sports 2)
Brazil vs. Ecuador (Group B), 10:00 pm ET, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California (Fox Sports 1)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.