Day two of the Copa America was... well, not so exciting. Three matches and one goal scored. It's almost like this is a fake tournament that's more invested in making CONMEBOL and CONCACAF money and less about actual, interesting football, huh?
But never mind that, because until the Euros kick off next week it's all we've got. Two more matches on tap today and this evening, and hopefully Mexico vs. Uruguay can help turn around what's been a dullsville tournament thus far. Tottenham doesn't have any players involved on the roster, but Mexico is looking like a team that could challenge for the title, and then there's our favorite cannibal Luis Suarez and Uruguay. Should be a fun match.
Here's your open thread for these matches as well as any other match you'd like to talk about. Knock yourselves out!
Day Three Schedule (Sunday, June 5, 2016)
Jamaica vs. Venezuela (Group C), 5:00 p.m. ET, Soldier Field, Chicago (Fox Sports 2)
Mexico vs. Uruguay (Group C), 8:00 pm ET, University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona (Fox Sports 1)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.