What happens if you hold a major international tournament and nobody comes? Out of the first three days of the Copa America Centenario, all but two of the matches have been watered down dullsville crap, featuring partially filled stadiums and a lot of low-scoring matches. The exceptions – Colombia's 2-0 win over USA and last night's Mexico-Uruguay match that featured three expulsions (two players and a Mexican assistant coach), four goals, and a lot of trash on the pitch. Mexico also appears to be one of the few teams that's taking this tournament seriously and has a fan-base willing to spend $100+ per ticket to attend matches.
However, there's what looks like a doozy of a match tonight as top-ranked Argentina take on Chile, the team that won the Copa America last year. That's the good news. The bad news is that Lionel Messi will not be playing due to a back injury.
Still, we gotta watch something to tide us over until the Euros kick off, right? Here's your open thread for Day 4 of the Copa America, and for any other match you want to discuss.
Day Four Schedule (Monday, June 6, 2016)
Panama vs. Bolivia (Group D), 7:00 p.m. ET, Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida (Fox Sports 1)
Argentina vs. Chile (Group D), 10:00 pm ET, Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California (Fox Sports 1)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.