Mexico gave one of the more entertaining early Copa America matches in their 3-1 win over Uruguay. In a tournament that was up to that point goal starved, it provided four goals and two red cards. Mexico matches are always fun to watch if you're a neutral because their fan support is so intense. Tonight they take on CONCACAF foes Jamaica, a club that should feel slightly unlucky after a 1-0 loss to Venezuela on June 5.
The early match features Venezuela and Uruguay. Venezuela can clinch progression with a win, but Uruguay are a solid side even without star striker Luis Suarez.
The match thread is below. Enjoy!
Day Seven Schedule (Thursday, June 9, 2016)
Uruguay vs. Venezuela (Group C), 7:30 p.m. ET, Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Fox Sports 1)
Mexico vs. Jamaica (Group C), 10:00 pm ET, Rose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, California (Fox Sports 1)
How to Watch
TV: FOX, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.