Wales! Belgium! It’s a match made in Tottenham fandom heaven! The upstart Welsh, behind former Tottenham star Gareth Bale and featuring current player Ben Davies, have a chance to move to the semi-finals of the European Championships today, but first they have to get past Belgium.
Belgium has clicked recently, but they haven’t been thoroughly convincing over the course of the Euros thus far. And now their defense is in a bit of an upheaval after Jan Vertonghen’s ankle injury will rule him out for the rest of the tournament. Look for Jordan Lukaku to move into the first 11 at left back (where he should’ve been the entire tournament leaving Jan to play beside Toby THANKS WILMOTS).
Who will move on to face Portugal in the semifinals? And will Belgium actually play Moussa Dembele today? Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
Wales vs. Belgium -- Lille (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.