Let’s just get right to it: there’s a European Championship quarterfinal happening today, and you’re going to watch it. Otherwise, why are you here?
Italy has been one of the more surprising teams of this tournament, and definitely one of the most fun to watch. The Azzuri, under outgoing manager Antonio Conte, have put on a tactical clinic and have bested teams they had probably no business beating considering the overall talent they have compared to previous Italy squads.
But now they’re running into a buzz-saw in Germany, one of the teams picked to win the whole thing in preseason projections. The Germans are stacked and have been playing very good football in this tournament. This should be a pretty fantastic matchup. A shame it has to happen in the quarterfinals.
Your open thread is below.
How to Watch
Germany vs. Italy -- Bordeaux (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET)
TV: ESPN (USA), ESPN Deportes (USA - Spanish), BBC 1 (UK), TSN (Canada), beIn Sports (Australia), other countries at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3/WatchESPN (USA), BBC iPlayer (UK)
Radio: BBC Radio 5Live, TalkSport
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don't have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.